In honor of today’s self imposed “off the bike” day I will bring you random things from the past few weeks and as an added bonus random observations from the Tour of Ireland.
- I pass by a lot of abandoned shoes in the course of my inner city cycling. Oddly, 9 out of the last 10 shoes I passed by were made for the right foot. It begs the question what happened to all of the left footed shoes?
- There is a yellow mix breed dog that chases me almost every morning for at least half a block. He has zero interest in me on my return trip.
- I pass more liquor stores than churches or schools.
- What do cows drink with their cookies?
- There is a SCUBA mask on the side of the road at mile 6; it has been there for weeks. Somewhere a diver is not happy and not seeing too well under water I assume.
- I didn’t think I would ever be so obsessed with the “breathability” of my clothing like I am now.
- If you select “play all” when you land upon my Ipod Dropkick Murphy’s collection it provides for roughly 228 miles of pedaling music.
- The word Ipod is not recognized by spell check, and I would imagine Microsoft would instantly fire the employee that made that evil Apple word recognizable by Microsoft Word.
Random Observations from the Tour of Ireland
- Failte means welcome, that’s in case you didn’t know.
- This is the greatest race on the planet…. because it’s in Ireland, although I am 100% Irish I feel like I can still make an un-biased statement on this matter.
- They look really comfortable on their bikes, unlike me who uses a frame that is too small I look all crunched up. I want to be comfortable I really really do.
- Somehow Versus has managed to master String Theory and can actually bend and convolute the time space continuum to crunch a few hours worth of racing into one hour…..with commercials I may add. I mean honestly would it kill you guys to postpone the hunting shows just for three days so we can watch the greatest race ever?
- They have either mastered String Theory or they are in possession of a fully operational Flux Capacitor.
- Snickering to myself how many people just did a Google search on String Theory.
- If anyone wants to buy me the Team Ireland cycling kit I will gladly provide you with my mailing address, thanks in advance by the way.
- Tour of Ireland does not have all of the flashy signs, kites, and Km markers that the Tour De France does…I demand to know why.